|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 180s 190s 200s - 210s - 220s 230s 240s
|Years:||214 215 216 - 217 - 218 219 220|
|Gregorian calendar|| 217 |
|Ab urbe condita||970|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1627 – -1626|
|Coptic calendar||-67 – -66|
|Ethiopian calendar||209 – 210|
|Hebrew calendar||3977 – 3978|
|- Vikram Samvat||272 – 273|
|- Shaka Samvat||139 – 140|
|- Kali Yuga||3318 – 3319|
|Iranian calendar||405 BP – 404 BP|
|Islamic calendar||417 BH – 416 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 877|
|Thai solar calendar||760|
- April 8 — Caracalla is assassinated (and succeeded) by his Praetorian Guard prefect, Marcus Opellius Macrinus. Macrinus, of Mauritania, becomes the first equestrian Roman Emperor.
- Rome retains Mesopotamia under a treaty with Parthia.
- Empress Julia, wife of Septimus Severus and mother of Caracalla and Geta, dies.
- Fire in the Amphitheater in Rome.
- December 20 — The papacy of Pope Zephyrinus ends.
- Pope Callixtus I succeeds Pope Zephyrinus as the sixteenth pope.
- Hippolytus questions the election of the Pope Calixtus and begins his "pontificate" as antipope.
- Ciriacus succeeds Philadelphus as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Fu Xuan, Chinese poet
- Hua He, minister under the Kingdom of Wu
- Jia Chong
- Empress Dowager Wang Yuanji
- April 8 — Caracalla, Roman Emperor (assassinated)
- December 20 — Pope Zephyrinus
- Chen Lin, minister of Han Dynasty
- Lu Su, advisor to Sun Quan, sympathetic to Liu Bei
- Wang Can, Chinese poet, scholar, and statesman of Cao Wei
- Sima Lang, official of Han Dynasty
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 217. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 217 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 217
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 217
0 people died in 217
4 people lived in 217
Events of the year 217 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 217.
There were 0 military battles in 217.