|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| -10s 0s 10s - 20s - 30s 40s 50s
|Years:||20 21 22 - 23 - 24 25 26|
|23 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 23 |
|Ab urbe condita||776|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1821 – -1820|
|Coptic calendar||-261 – -260|
|Ethiopian calendar||15 – 16|
|Hebrew calendar||3783 – 3784|
|- Vikram Samvat||78 – 79|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3124 – 3125|
|Iranian calendar||599 BP – 598 BP|
|Islamic calendar||617 BH – 616 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 683|
|Thai solar calendar||566|
- Greek geographer Strabo publishes Geography, a work covering the world known to the Romans and Greeks at the time of Emperor Augustus - it is the only such book to survive from the ancient world.
- Tiberius' son Julius Caesar Drusus dies. From that point forward, he seems to lose interest in the Empire and occupies himself with the pursuit of pleasure.
- Lucius Aelius Sejanus begins to dominate the Roman Senate and Tiberius, after the death of Julius Caesar Drusus.
- Gaius Asinius Pollio and Gaius Antistius Vetus become consuls.
- Liu Xuan, a descendant of the Han Dynasty royal family and leader of insurgents against the Xin Dynasty, proclaims himself emperor against Wang Mang.
- June — After being sieged for 2 months, 9,000 insurgents under Liu Xiu defeat 450,000 of Wang Mang's troops in the Battle of Kunyang, ushering in the fall of Wang Mang and restoration of the Han Dynasty in China.
- Pliny the Elder, Roman scientist and writer
- June 15 — Maka Dan-Dang, daughter of Maka Na-Zhen, the first person recorded to be strangled by the trunk of an elephant
- September 14 — Drusus Julius Caesar, son of the Emperor Tiberius, poisoned
- October 6 — Wang Mang, "usurper" of the throne of the Han Dynasty and Emperor of the Xin Dynasty
- Liu Xin, Chinese astronomer
- Liu Yan, Chinese general
- Empress Wang
- Juba II, King of Mauretania
People of the year 23 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 23
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 23
0 people died in 23
1 people lived in 23
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 23 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 23.
There were 0 military battles in 23.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 23. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|