Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 200s 210s 220s - 230s - 240s 250s 260s
|Years:||235 236 237 - 238 - 239 240 241|
|Gregorian calendar|| 238 |
|Ab urbe condita||991|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1606 – -1605|
|Coptic calendar||-46 – -45|
|Ethiopian calendar||230 – 231|
|Hebrew calendar||3998 – 3999|
|- Vikram Samvat||293 – 294|
|- Shaka Samvat||160 – 161|
|- Kali Yuga||3339 – 3340|
|Iranian calendar||384 BP – 383 BP|
|Islamic calendar||396 BH – 395 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 898|
|Thai solar calendar||781|
- Carpians invade Moesia; Emperor Maximinus Thrax campaigns against them.
- In spite of the payment of a tribute, the Romans fail to persuade the Goths and the Carpians to withdraw from Moesia.
- March 7 — Gordian I and Gordian II become Roman Emperors. They rule for 36 days (until their deaths on April 12).
- April 22 — Pupienus and Balbinus become Roman Emperors.
- The town of Aquileia takes the side of Roman Senate against Maximinus Thrax.
- July 29 — Gordian III becomes Emperor on the deaths of Pupienus and Balbinus.
- Future Roman Emperor Valerian becomes princeps senatus.
- The Colosseum is restored after being damaged.
- The Goths, coming from Ukraine, cross the Danube and devastate the Empire up to the border with Anatolia.
- In North Africa, Legio III Augusta, is dissolved. Until its reconstitution in 253, Africa is defended by auxiliary troops only.
- April 12 — Roman emperors Gordian I (suicide) and Gordian II (killed in battle)
- June 24 — Maximinus Thrax, Roman Emperor
- July 29 — Pupienus and Balbinus, Roman Emperors
- Gongsun Yuan, general of Kingdom of Wei
- Lun Zhi, general of Kingdom of Wei
- Jia Fan, general of Kingdom of Wei
- Chosroes I, King of Armenia (assassinated)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 238. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 238 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 238
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 238
0 people died in 238
4 people lived in 238
Events of the year 238 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 238.
There were 0 military battles in 238.