|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 210s 220s 230s - 240s - 250s 260s 270s
|Years:||246 247 248 - 249 - 250 251 252|
|249 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 249 |
|Ab urbe condita||1002|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1595 – -1594|
|Coptic calendar||-35 – -34|
|Ethiopian calendar||241 – 242|
|Hebrew calendar||4009 – 4010|
|- Vikram Samvat||304 – 305|
|- Shaka Samvat||171 – 172|
|- Kali Yuga||3350 – 3351|
|Iranian calendar||373 BP – 372 BP|
|Islamic calendar||384 BH – 383 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 909|
|Thai solar calendar||792|
- Decius, who was proclaimed Emperor by the army in Moesia, defeats and kills Philip the Arab at Verona.
- Decius officially becomes Emperor.
- Decius begins persecuting the Christians and others refusing to participate in Emperor worship.
- Sima Yi takes complete control of the Kingdom of Wei and starts the foundation of the Jin Kingdom, which becomes the Jin Dynasty.
- In Alexandria, the populace pillages the homes of Christians.
- Wang Pi, Chinese philosopher
- Cao Shuang, general of Wei
- Cao Xi
- Quan Cong, general of Wu
- Ma Zhong, general of Shu Han
- Philip the Arab, Roman emperor
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 249. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 249 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 249
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 249
0 people died in 249
4 people lived in 249
Events of the year 249 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 249.
There were 0 military battles in 249.