|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 220s 230s 240s - 250s - 260s 270s 280s
|Years:||248 249 250 - 251 - 252 253 254|
|251 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 251 |
|Ab urbe condita||1004|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1593 – -1592|
|Coptic calendar||-33 – -32|
|Ethiopian calendar||243 – 244|
|Hebrew calendar||4011 – 4012|
|- Vikram Samvat||306 – 307|
|- Shaka Samvat||173 – 174|
|- Kali Yuga||3352 – 3353|
|Iranian calendar||371 BP – 370 BP|
|Islamic calendar||382 BH – 381 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 911|
|Thai solar calendar||794|
- July 1 — In the Battle of Abrittus, the Goths defeat the Romans; emperors Decius and Herennius Etruscus are killed.
- In Rome, Hostilian, son of Decius, succeeds Decius, while Trebonianus Gallus is proclaimed Emperor by the troops. Gallus accepts Hostilian as co-emperor, but an outbreak of plague strikes the city and kills the young Hostilian.
- A fifteen-year plague begins in the Roman Empire.
- Gallus concludes a treaty with the Goths.
- Saint Agatha
- July 1 — Decius, Roman emperor (killed after the battle of Abrittus)
- July 1 — Herennius Etruscus, Roman emperor (killed during the battle of Abrittus)
- Hostilian, Roman emperor (of plague in Rome)
- Origen (possible date)
- Sima Yi, strategist of Wei and rival of Zhuge Liang
- Empress Zhen, wife of Cao Fang
- Deng Zhi, minister under Liu Bei
- Tian Yu, general of the Kingdom of Wei
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 251. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 251 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 251
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 251
0 people died in 251
4 people lived in 251
Events of the year 251 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 251.
There were 0 military battles in 251.