|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 220s 230s 240s - 250s - 260s 270s 280s
|Years:||254 255 256 - 257 - 258 259 260|
|Gregorian calendar|| 257 |
|Ab urbe condita||1010|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1587 – -1586|
|Coptic calendar||-27 – -26|
|Ethiopian calendar||249 – 250|
|Hebrew calendar||4017 – 4018|
|- Vikram Samvat||312 – 313|
|- Shaka Samvat||179 – 180|
|- Kali Yuga||3358 – 3359|
|Iranian calendar||365 BP – 364 BP|
|Islamic calendar||376 BH – 375 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 917|
|Thai solar calendar||800|
- Valerian I recovers Antioch from Shapur.
- The Goths build a fleet on the Black Sea.
- The Goths separate into the Ostrogoths and the Visigoths.
- Aurelian defeats the Goths along the lower Danube, bringing many prisoners back to Rome.
- August 30 — Pope Sixtus II succeeds Pope Stephen I as the 24th pope.
- Valerian's persecution of Christians begins: his edict orders bishops and priests to sacrifice according to the pagan rituals, and prohibits Christians, under penalty of death, from meeting at the tombs of their deceased.
- Saint Gregory the Illuminator, founder and patron saint of the Armenian Church (approximate date)
- Empress Jia Nanfeng, wife of Emperor Hui
- Pope Stephen I
- Zhu Yi, general of Kingdom of Wu
- Wen Qin, general of Kingdom of Wu
- Yue Lin, general of Kingdom of Wei
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 257. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 257 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 257
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 257
0 people died in 257
3 people lived in 257
|Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)||Hilderic der Franken (aft154-253)|
|Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)||Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)|
|Walter der Franken (c205-306)||Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)|
Events of the year 257 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 257.
There were 0 military battles in 257.