Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 240s 250s 260s - 270s - 280s 290s 300s
|Years:||268 269 270 - 271 - 272 273 274|
|Gregorian calendar|| 271 |
|Ab urbe condita||1024|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1573 – -1572|
|Coptic calendar||-13 – -12|
|Ethiopian calendar||263 – 264|
|Hebrew calendar||4031 – 4032|
|- Vikram Samvat||326 – 327|
|- Shaka Samvat||193 – 194|
|- Kali Yuga||3372 – 3373|
|Iranian calendar||351 BP – 350 BP|
|Islamic calendar||362 BH – 361 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 931|
|Thai solar calendar||814|
- The Goths are forced to withdraw across the Danube.
- The Alamanni are repulsed from Italy, and forced back to the Alps.
- Emperor Aurelian withdraws troops to the Danube frontier, abandoning Dacia. (Note: this withdrawal may have lasted until 272. Both years are mentioned by various sources.)
- Aurelian begins construction of a new defensive wall, 16 meters high, to protect Rome.
- Victorinus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire, is assassinated by Attitianus, reportedly for reasons of personal revenge. Domitianus presumably serves as Emperor for a few days before being replaced by Tetricus I.
- Zenobia proclaims herself to be Empress, and breaks all relations with the Roman Empire.
- Zenobia gives her son Vaballatus the title of Augustus.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- A magnetic compass is first used in China.
- Ding Feng, general of the Wu Kingdom
- Liu Shan, last Emperor of the Kingdom of Shu
- Victorinus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire
- Domitianus, Emperor of the Gallic Empire (confirmed by two coins)
- Pei Xiu, Chinese minister of public works; played a role developing the methods of surveying
- Sima Wang, general of Jin Dynasty
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 271. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 271 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 271
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 271
0 people died in 271
3 people lived in 271
|Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)||Hilderic der Franken (aft154-253)|
|Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)||Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)|
|Walter der Franken (c205-306)||Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)|
Events of the year 271 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 271.
There were 0 military battles in 271.