|Centuries:||2nd century - 3rd century - 4th century|
|Decades:|| 250s 260s 270s - 280s - 290s 300s 310s
|Years:||277 278 279 - 280 - 281 282 283|
|Gregorian calendar|| 280 |
|Ab urbe condita||1033|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1564 – -1563|
|Coptic calendar||-4 – -3|
|Ethiopian calendar||272 – 273|
|Hebrew calendar||4040 – 4041|
|- Vikram Samvat||335 – 336|
|- Shaka Samvat||202 – 203|
|- Kali Yuga||3381 – 3382|
|Iranian calendar||342 BP – 341 BP|
|Islamic calendar||353 BH – 352 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 940|
|Thai solar calendar||823|
- Emperor Probus suppresses the revolt of the usurper Proculus.
- Probus chases the Alani off to Asia Minor.
- The commander of the Roman fleet on the Rhine, Bonosus, is proclaimed emperor. Beaten by Probus' troops, Bonosus is hung.
- In Alexandria, Julius Saturninus, who is in charge of the defense of the East, is declared emperor. He withdraws to Apamea, is besieged and put to death.
- Owing to the constant threat of invasion, the cities in Gaul construct or reinforce their defensive walls.
- The Germanic tribe the Thuringii appears.
- The Kingdom of Wu is dissolved by Jin, finally ending the Three Kingdoms period in the history of China.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Maharaja Sri-Gupta of the Gupta dynasty
- Proclus, Roman usurper
- Cen Hun, minister under the Kingdom of Wu
- Kang Senghui
- Zhang Ti
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 280. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 280 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 280
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 280
0 people died in 280
3 people lived in 280
|Dagobert I, King of the Franks (275-317)||Walter der Franken (c205-306)|
|Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)||Bartherus der Franken (aft171-272)|
|Walter der Franken (c205-306)||Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)|
Events of the year 280 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 280.
There were 0 military battles in 280.