- This article is about the year 305 CE. For other uses, see 305.
|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||270s 280s 290s 300s 310s 320s 330s|
|Years:||302 303 304 305 306 307 308|
|Gregorian calendar|| 305 |
|Ab urbe condita||1058|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1539 – -1538|
|Coptic calendar||21 – 22|
|Ethiopian calendar||297 – 298|
|Hebrew calendar||4065 – 4066|
|- Vikram Samvat||360 – 361|
|- Shaka Samvat||227 – 228|
|- Kali Yuga||3406 – 3407|
|Iranian calendar||317 BP – 316 BP|
|Islamic calendar||327 BH – 326 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 965|
|Thai solar calendar||848|
- May 1 — Diocletian and Maximian, Emperors of Rome, retire from office.
- Constantius Chlorus and Galerius are declared Augusti; Flavius Valerius Severus and Maximinus Daia are appointed Caesars.
- The Arch of Galerius is built.
- In the Western Empire, the capital is moved from Rome to Milan.
- Maximinus Daïa (305–313) persecutes the Christians of Egypt, many of whom take refuge in the desert. In time, this refuge leads to the monastic life. In these monasteries Coptic writing develops, supporting the propagation of Christian texts.
- The Daysan River floods Edessa.
- The Council of Illiberis decrees that priests must be celibate. Additionally, it condemns visiting the homes of Jews and prohibits Christian women from marrying Jews, unless they have converted. Essentially Jews are declared personae non gratae.
- Hierocles, proconsul of Bithynia who instigated the persecution of the Christians under Galerius
- Porphyry, Neoplatonist philosopher
- Wang Rong
- Tuoba Yituo
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 305. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 305 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 305
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 305
0 people died in 305
3 people lived in 305
|Genebald I, Duke of the East Franks (296-358)||Dagobert I, King of the Franks (275-317)|
|Dagobert I, King of the Franks (275-317)||Walter der Franken (c205-306)|
|Walter der Franken (c205-306)||Clodius III der Franken (aft188-298)|
Events of the year 305 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 305.
There were 0 military battles in 305.