|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||310s 320s 330s 340s 350s 360s 370s|
|Years:||337 338 339 340 341 342 343|
|Gregorian calendar|| 340 |
|Ab urbe condita||1093|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1504 – -1503|
|Coptic calendar||56 – 57|
|Ethiopian calendar||332 – 333|
|Hebrew calendar||4100 – 4101|
|- Vikram Samvat||395 – 396|
|- Shaka Samvat||262 – 263|
|- Kali Yuga||3441 – 3442|
|Iranian calendar||282 BP – 281 BP|
|Islamic calendar||291 BH – 290 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1000|
|Thai solar calendar||883|
- Constantinople, capital of Emperor Constantius II, becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Rome, capital of Emperor Constans.
- Constantine II attacks his brother Constans near Aquileia, aiming for sole control of the western half of the Empire, but is defeated.
- Constans and Constantius II split the Empire between them.
- Ambrose, church father (approximate date)
- Jerome, Bible translator (approximate date)
- Quintus Aurelius Symmachus, politician and pagan (approximate date)
- Constantine II, joint emperor of the Roman Empire (killed in battle)
- Saint Macrina the Elder
- Yu Liang
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 340. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 340 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 340
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 340
0 people died in 340
3 people lived in 340
Events of the year 340 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 340.
There were 0 military battles in 340.