|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||340s 350s 360s 370s 380s 390s 400s|
|Years:||375 376 377 378 379 380 381|
|Gregorian calendar|| 378 |
|Ab urbe condita||1131|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1466 – -1465|
|Coptic calendar||94 – 95|
|Ethiopian calendar||370 – 371|
|Hebrew calendar||4138 – 4139|
|- Vikram Samvat||433 – 434|
|- Shaka Samvat||300 – 301|
|- Kali Yuga||3479 – 3480|
|Iranian calendar||244 BP – 243 BP|
|Islamic calendar||252 BH – 251 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1038|
|Thai solar calendar||921|
- Mid-February - The Lentienses cross the frozen Rhine, invading the Roman Empire.
- May - The Lentienses are defeated by Gratianus in the Battle of Argentovaria.
- August 9 - Battle of Adrianople: A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths in present-day Turkey. Valens is killed along with two-thirds of his army.
- Theodosius I becomes eastern Roman emperor after the death of Valens.
- Valens completes the aqueduct of Constantinople begun by Constantine I.
- Siyah K'ak' begins to replace Mayan kings with relatives of Spearthrower Owl, emperor of Teotihuacan.
- Gregory Nazianzus is ordained bishop of Constantinople.
- Pope Damasus I is accused of adultery but is exonerated by emperor Gratian.
- Germanus of Auxerre, bishop of Auxerre
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 378. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 378 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 378
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 378
0 people died in 378
6 people lived in 378
Events of the year 378 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 378.
There were 0 military battles in 378.