Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||350s 360s 370s 380s 390s 400s 410s|
|Years:||377 378 379 380 381 382 383|
|Gregorian calendar|| 380 |
|Ab urbe condita||1133|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1464 – -1463|
|Coptic calendar||96 – 97|
|Ethiopian calendar||372 – 373|
|Hebrew calendar||4140 – 4141|
|- Vikram Samvat||435 – 436|
|- Shaka Samvat||302 – 303|
|- Kali Yuga||3481 – 3482|
|Iranian calendar||242 BP – 241 BP|
|Islamic calendar||249 BH – 248 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1040|
|Thai solar calendar||923|
- January/February – Emperor Theodosius I is baptized.
- February 27 – Theodosius I, with co-emperors Gratianus and Valentinian II, declare their wish that all their peoples convert to trinitarian Christianity, in accordance with the patriarchs of Rome and Alexandria, implicitly rejecting the Arianism of the patriarch of Constantinople as heretical.
- November 24 — Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- Bedouin Queen Mavia's Saracen troops defeat a Roman army.
- Invasion of the Vandals: Gratian is forced to cede Upper Pannonia to them.
- The Rock of Cashel is built in Ireland.
- Athanaric becomes king of the Thervingi upon Fritigern's death.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- The Vulgate, a translation in Latin of the Bible by St. Jerome, is published.
- St. Gregory Nazianzus orders the burning of all known copies of Sappho's poetry.
- Tyconius writes a commentary on the Bible's Book of Revelation.
- A cathedral is built in Trier, Germany.
- The Council of Saragossa is held.
- Saint Ambrose introduces popular music into church services.
- St. Alexios (in Rome)
- Eutyches, opponent of the Nestorian Assyrians
- Hephaistio of Thebes, Egyptian astrologer
- Kalidasa, the author of "Shakuntala" (The Cloud Messenger) (approximate date)
- St. Peter Chrysologus (at Imola in Emilia)
- Socrates Scholasticus, church historian
- February 15 — Peter II, Patriarch of Alexandria
- Fritigern, King of the Visigoths
- Frumentius, Syrian Christian trader
- Samudragupta, ruler of the Gupta Empire
- Empress Wang Fahui
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 380. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 380 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 380
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 380
0 people died in 380
5 people lived in 380
Events of the year 380 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 380.
There were 0 military battles in 380.