|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||360s 370s 380s 390s 400s 410s 420s|
|Years:||391 392 393 394 395 396 397|
|Gregorian calendar|| 394 |
|Ab urbe condita||1147|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1450 – -1449|
|Coptic calendar||110 – 111|
|Ethiopian calendar||386 – 387|
|Hebrew calendar||4154 – 4155|
|- Vikram Samvat||449 – 450|
|- Shaka Samvat||316 – 317|
|- Kali Yuga||3495 – 3496|
|Iranian calendar||228 BP – 227 BP|
|Islamic calendar||235 BH – 234 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1054|
|Thai solar calendar||937|
- September 6 — Battle of the Frigidus: Emperor Theodosius I defeats and kills the usurper Eugenius and his Frankish magister militum Arbogast.
- The sacred fire of the Roman Empire stops burning (see Vesta and Vestal Virgins).
- 200,000 soldiers guard the borders, and a reserve force of 50,000 is available for deployment. Many Roman soldiers are from Germanic tribes.
- An obelisk, taken from Egypt, is erected near the hippodrome in Constantinople.
- Emperor Theodosius I bans the Olympic Games.
- Epiphanius of Salamis attacks Origen as a heretic.
- The Council of Bagaï in Africa brings 310 Donatist bishops together.
- Libanius, rhetorician (approximate date)
- Didymus the Blind, theologian
- Fu Chong
- Fu Deng
- Murong Yong
- Yao Chang
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 394. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 394 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 394
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 394
0 people died in 394
3 people lived in 394
Events of the year 394 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 394.
There were 0 military battles in 394.