Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||360s 370s 380s 390s 400s 410s 420s|
|Years:||392 393 394 395 396 397 398|
|Gregorian calendar|| 395 |
|Ab urbe condita||1148|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1449 – -1448|
|Coptic calendar||111 – 112|
|Ethiopian calendar||387 – 388|
|Hebrew calendar||4155 – 4156|
|- Vikram Samvat||450 – 451|
|- Shaka Samvat||317 – 318|
|- Kali Yuga||3496 – 3497|
|Iranian calendar||227 BP – 226 BP|
|Islamic calendar||234 BH – 233 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1055|
|Thai solar calendar||938|
- After the death of emperor Theodosius I, the Empire is re-divided into an eastern and a western half. The eastern half is centered in Constantinople under Arcadius, son of Theodosius I, and the western half in Rome under Honorius, his brother.
- Arcadius marries Aelia Eudocia, daughter of the Frankish general Flavius Bauto.
- Alaric the Visigothic, general of the foederati, renounces Roman fealty and is declared king, waging war against both parts of the Empire, and ending a 16-year period of peace between Romans and Visigoths.
- The Visigoths, led by Alaric, invade and devastate Thrace and Macedonia, impose a tribute on Athens, and then turn their sights on the West.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Possible date that Ambrosius Theodosius Macrobius published his Saturnalia.
- Saint Augustine becomes Bishop of Hippo Regius. His assignment is the reunification of the Roman Catholic Church in Africa, primarily focusing on the Donatist movement led by Primianus.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 395. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 395 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 395
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Clodio V der Franken (c395-aft447)||Pharamond der Franken (c370-aft427)||Argotta der Oost Franken (c376-aft445)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 395
0 people died in 395
4 people lived in 395
Events of the year 395 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 395.
There were 0 military battles in 395.