|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||360s 370s 380s 390s 400s 410s 420s|
|Years:||396 397 398 399 400 401 402|
|399 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 399 |
|Ab urbe condita||1152|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1445 – -1444|
|Coptic calendar||115 – 116|
|Ethiopian calendar||391 – 392|
|Hebrew calendar||4159 – 4160|
|- Vikram Samvat||454 – 455|
|- Shaka Samvat||321 – 322|
|- Kali Yuga||3500 – 3501|
|Iranian calendar||223 BP – 222 BP|
|Islamic calendar||230 BH – 229 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1059|
|Thai solar calendar||942|
Western Roman EmpireEdit
- Flavius Mallius Theodorus becomes Roman consul.
- Gladiatorial schools in Rome are closed by order of the Emperor Honorius.
Eastern Roman EmpireEdit
- Forming an alliance with deserters of Tribigild along the Bosphorus, Gothic leader Gainas devastates the outlying areas near Constantinople.
- November 27 — Pope Anastasius I succeeds Pope Siricius as the 39th pope.
- Anastasius seeks to reconcile the churches of Rome and Antioch.
- Flavian I of Antioch is acknowledged as legitimate bishop of Antioch by the Church of Rome.
- Anastasius and other bishops condemn the doctrine of Origen.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 399. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 399 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 399
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 399
0 people died in 399
4 people lived in 399
Events of the year 399 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 399.
There were 0 military battles in 399.