- This article is about the year 401. For other uses, see 401
|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||370s 380s 390s 400s 410s 420s 430s|
|Years:||398 399 400 401 402 403 404|
|Gregorian calendar|| 401 |
|Ab urbe condita||1154|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1443 – -1442|
|Coptic calendar||117 – 118|
|Ethiopian calendar||393 – 394|
|Hebrew calendar||4161 – 4162|
|- Vikram Samvat||456 – 457|
|- Shaka Samvat||323 – 324|
|- Kali Yuga||3502 – 3503|
|Iranian calendar||221 BP – 220 BP|
|Islamic calendar||228 BH – 227 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1061|
|Thai solar calendar||944|
- The human population reaches 206 million.
- Arcadius sends many gifts to the Hunnish chieftain Uldin in appreciation of his victory over the Goths and Gainas. Arcadius then allies himself with the Huns.
Western Roman EmpireEdit
- The Visigoths begin to attack the northernmost reaches of Italy, causing destruction in the countryside.
- Roman general Stilicho leads an extensive campaign against the Vandals in Rhaetia.
- December 22 — Pope Innocent I succeeds Pope Anastasius I as the 40th pope.
- Innocent proclaims his universal power over the whole of Christendom.
- The Mahabharata is finalised.
- Theodosius II, East Roman Emperor (d. 450)
- Aelia Eudocia, wife of Theodosius II
- Leo I, East Roman Emperor
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 401. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 401 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 401
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 401
0 people died in 401
5 people lived in 401
Events of the year 401 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 401.
There were 0 military battles in 401.