|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||370s 380s 390s 400s 410s 420s 430s|
|Years:||401 402 403 404 405 406 407|
|404 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 404 |
|Ab urbe condita||1157|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1440 – -1439|
|Coptic calendar||120 – 121|
|Ethiopian calendar||396 – 397|
|Hebrew calendar||4164 – 4165|
|- Vikram Samvat||459 – 460|
|- Shaka Samvat||326 – 327|
|- Kali Yuga||3505 – 3506|
|Iranian calendar||218 BP – 217 BP|
|Islamic calendar||225 BH – 224 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1064|
|Thai solar calendar||947|
Western Roman EmpireEdit
- January 1 — The last gladiatoral competition is held in Rome.
- The dome in Ravenna is built by the entire population of the city.
- Gwanggaeto the Great of Goguryeo attacks Liaodong and takes the entire Liaodong Peninsula.
- The Chinese Buddhist monk Huiyuan, who founded the Pure Land Buddhism sect and the monastery on Mount Lushan, writes the book On Why Monks Do Not Bow Down Before Kings in this year. In his book he argues that although the Buddhist clergy should remain independent and undisturbed by politics, the Buddhist lay people nonetheless make good subjects under monarchs, due to their fear of retribution of karma and desire to be reborn in paradise.
- John Chrysostom is deposed again, and Archbishop Atticus of Constantinople becomes Archbishop of Constantinople.
- Saint Telemachus is martyred.
- February — Flavian I of Antioch, Patriarch of Antioch
- October 6 — Aelia Eudoxia, wife of the Eastern Roman emperor Arcadius
- Claudian, court poet to Emperor Honorius and Stilicho
- Empress He Fani, empress of the Jin Dynasty, wife of Emperor Mu
- Saint Paula
- Saint Telemachus, Catholic monk
- Huan Xuan, Jin Dynasty (265-420) warlord who briefly took over the imperial throne from Emperor An of Jin
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 404. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 404 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 404
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 404
2 people died in 404
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Pharamond der Franken (c370-aft427)||Marcomir V, Duke of the East Franks (351-404)|
|Marcomir V, Duke of the East Franks (351-404)||Clodious IV, Duke of the East Franks (332-389)||53|
5 people lived in 404
Events of the year 404 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 404.
There were 0 military battles in 404.