|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 10s 20s 30s - 40s - 50s 60s 70s
|Years:||38 39 40 - 41 - 42 43 44|
|Gregorian calendar|| 41 |
|Ab urbe condita||794|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1803 – -1802|
|Coptic calendar||-243 – -242|
|Ethiopian calendar||33 – 34|
|Hebrew calendar||3801 – 3802|
|- Vikram Samvat||96 – 97|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3142 – 3143|
|Iranian calendar||581 BP – 580 BP|
|Islamic calendar||599 BH – 598 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 701|
|Thai solar calendar||584|
- Consuls are the emperor Caligula and Gnaeus Sentius Saturninus.
- January 24 — Caligula, known for his eccentricity and cruel despotism, is assassinated by his disgruntled Praetorian Guards.
- January 24 — Claudius succeeds his nephew Caligula as Emperor.
- January 25 — After a night of negotiation, Claudius is accepted as Emperor by the Senate.
- Claudius makes Agrippa king of Judea.
- Messalina, wife of Claudius, persuades Claudius to have Seneca the Younger banished to Corsica on a charge of adultery with Julia Livilla.
- Claudius restores religious freedom to Jews throughout the empire, but prohibits Jews in Rome from proselytising.
- An attack across the Rhine by the Germans is stopped by the Romans.
- Emperor Guangwu of the Han Dynasty deposes his wife, Guo Shentong, as empress, and creates his consort Yin Lihua empress in her place.
- The disciples of Jesus form communities after the Diaspora, especially in Damascus and Antioch. For the first time they are called Christians.
- Martial, Latin poet (possible birthdate)
- February 12 — Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, son of Claudius and Messalina
- January 24 — Caligula, Roman Emperor (assassinated)
- January 24 — Julia Drusilla, daughter of Caligula (assassinated)
- End of the year — Julia Livilla, daughter of Germanicus, niece of Claudius, starved to death in her exile
People of the year 41 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 41
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 41
0 people died in 41
2 people lived in 41
|Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)||Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 41 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 41.
There were 0 military battles in 41.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 41. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|