|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 10s 20s 30s - 40s - 50s 60s 70s
|Years:||40 41 42 - 43 - 44 45 46|
|Gregorian calendar|| 43 |
|Ab urbe condita||796|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1801 – -1800|
|Coptic calendar||-241 – -240|
|Ethiopian calendar||35 – 36|
|Hebrew calendar||3803 – 3804|
|- Vikram Samvat||98 – 99|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3144 – 3145|
|Iranian calendar||579 BP – 578 BP|
|Islamic calendar||597 BH – 596 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 703|
|Thai solar calendar||586|
- The long Roman conquest of Britain begins. Aulus Plautius lands with four legions and an equal number of auxiliaries and defeats the Britons, led by Caratacus and Togodumnus, in battles on the rivers Medway and Thames. He halts at the Thames and sends for the emperor Claudius, who leads the march on Camulodunum. Eleven British kings, probably including those of the Iceni and Brigantes, submit without a fight. Meanwhile, the future emperor Vespasian begins to subdue the south-west. The Romans found the cities of London, then known as Londinium, and Peterborough, and begin to construct a road that later becomes Ermine Street.
- The Romans now have complete control of the Mediterranean.
- Warfare begins between the northern and southern Huns.
- The warrior Trung Sisters commit suicide after their resistance is defeated at Nam Viet in Vietnam.
- Vietnam is designated a province of China.
- In Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Coptic Christianity, Mark the Evangelist becomes the first Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria, thus establishing Christian Church in Africa.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Martial, Roman poet
- Togodumnus, King of the Catuvellauni
- Julia, daughter of Drusus the Younger, granddaughter of Tiberius, niece of Claudius, executed (or perhaps forced to commit suicide) at the instigation of Messalina
People of the year 43 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 43
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 43
0 people died in 43
4 people lived in 43
|Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)||Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)|
|Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)||Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 43 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 43.
There were 0 military battles in 43.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 43. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|