|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||420s 430s 440s 450s 460s 470s 480s|
|Years:||453 454 455 456 457 458 459|
|Gregorian calendar|| 456 |
|Ab urbe condita||1209|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1388 – -1387|
|Coptic calendar||172 – 173|
|Ethiopian calendar||448 – 449|
|Hebrew calendar||4216 – 4217|
|- Vikram Samvat||511 – 512|
|- Shaka Samvat||378 – 379|
|- Kali Yuga||3557 – 3558|
|Iranian calendar||166 BP – 165 BP|
|Islamic calendar||171 BH – 170 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1116|
|Thai solar calendar||999|
Western Roman EmpireEdit
- Capua is destroyed by the Vandals.
- Ricimer beats the Vandals in a sea battle near Corsica.
- 5 October — Theodoric II of the Visigoths, in the name of the emperor Avitus, defeats the Sueves on the river Urbicus near Astorga in Gallaecia; this shatters the power of the Sueves.
- 17 October — The magistri militum Ricimer and Majorian defeat the emperor Avitus, and compel him to renounce the purple and become Bishop of Placentia. Ricimer becomes de facto ruler of the Western Roman Empire.
Eastern Roman EmpireEdit
- Eutyches, Greek theologian
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 456. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 456 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 456
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 456
0 people died in 456
6 people lived in 456
Events of the year 456 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 456.
There were 0 military battles in 456.