Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||6th century BC - 5th century BC - 4th century BC|
|Decades:||500s BC 490s BC 480s BC - 470s BC - 460s BC 450s BC 440s BC|
|Years:|| 479 BC 478 BC 477 BC 476 BC 475 BC|
474 BC 473 BC 472 BC 471 BC 470 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 479 BC — The Battle of Plataea, the Greeks defeat the Persians, ending the Persian Wars.
- 479 BC — Battle of Mycale.
- 478 BC — Establishment of the Temple of Confucius at (modern-day) Qufu.
- 477 BC — The Delian League is inaugurated.
- 476 BC — Archidamus II succeeds his grandfather Leotychides, who is banished to Tegea, as king of Sparta.
- 475 BC — Zhou Yuan Wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty.
- 474 BC — Battle of Cumae — The Syracusans under Hiero I defeat the Etruscans and end Etruscan expansion in southern Italy.
- 474 BC — Greek poet Pindar moves to Thebes.
- 473 BC — The Chinese State of Wu is annexed by the State of Yue.
- 472 BC — Carystus in Euboea is forced to join the Delian League. (approximate date)
- 472 BC — The tragedy The Persians is produced by Aeschylus.
- 471 BC — Athenian politician Themistocles is ostracized.
- August 27, 479 BC — Confucius, philosopher
- 479 BC — Mardonius — Persian commander at Plataea
- 479 BC — Ephialtes — betrayer of Greece at the Battle of Thermopylae
- 476 BC — Zhou Jing Wang / Ji Gai, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China
- 475 BC — Pythagoras of Samos, mathematician
- 475 BC — Heraclitus of Ephesus, Greek philosopher
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 470s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|