|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 10s 20s 30s - 40s - 50s 60s 70s
|Years:||45 46 47 - 48 - 49 50 51|
|48 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 48 |
|Ab urbe condita||801|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1796 – -1795|
|Coptic calendar||-236 – -235|
|Ethiopian calendar||40 – 41|
|Hebrew calendar||3808 – 3809|
|- Vikram Samvat||103 – 104|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3149 – 3150|
|Iranian calendar||574 BP – 573 BP|
|Islamic calendar||592 BH – 591 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 708|
|Thai solar calendar||591|
- Consuls are Aulus Vitellius Germanicus and Lucius Vipstanus Publicola Messalla.
- The emperor Claudius invests Agrippa II with the office of superintendent of the Temple in Jerusalem.
- After the execution of his wife Messalina, Claudius gets senatorial approval to marry his niece, Agrippina.
- Vitellius is a Roman Consul.
- Publius Ostorius Scapula, governor of Britain, announces his intention to disarm all Britons south and east of the Trent and Severn. The Iceni, an independent, allied kingdom within that area, revolt but are defeated. Ostorius then moves against the Deceangli in north Wales, but is forced to abandon the campaign to deal with a revolt among the allied Brigantes.
- Gallic nobles are admitted to the Roman Senate. Claudius grants the rights of citizenship to the Aedui.
- The Hsiung-nu empire dissolves.
- The emperor of China, Guang Wudi (Kouang Wou-Ti), restores Chinese domination of Inner Mongolia. The Xiongnu are made confederates and guard the Northern border of the empire.
- Probable date of the Apostolic Council. Paul of Tarsus begins his first mission (approximate date — see 47).
- According to Christian legend, Martha travels to Avignon.
- Ts'ailouen, Chinese researcher and inventor of paper
People of the year 48 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 48
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 48
0 people died in 48
4 people lived in 48
Events of the year 48 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 48.
There were 0 military battles in 48.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 48. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|