|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 10s 20s 30s - 40s - 50s 60s 70s
|Years:||46 47 48 - 49 - 50 51 52|
|49 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 49 |
|Ab urbe condita||802|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1795 – -1794|
|Coptic calendar||-235 – -234|
|Ethiopian calendar||41 – 42|
|Hebrew calendar||3809 – 3810|
|- Vikram Samvat||104 – 105|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3150 – 3151|
|Iranian calendar||573 BP – 572 BP|
|Islamic calendar||591 BH – 590 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 709|
|Thai solar calendar||592|
- Emperor Claudius marries his niece Agrippina the Younger (approximate date).
- Seneca the Younger becomes Nero's tutor.
- Melankomas is the boxing champion at the 207th Olympic Games.
- Likely date for the expulsion of the Jews from Rome.
- Nero becomes engaged to Octavia, daughter of Claudius.
- Agrippina the Younger charges Octavia's first fiancé Lucius Junius Silanus Torquatus with incest. He is brought before the Senate and sentenced to death.
- In Britain, governor Publius Ostorius Scapula founds a colonia for Roman veterans at Camulodunum (Colchester). Verulamium (St Albans) is probably established as a municipium the same year. A legion is stationed on the borders of the Silures of South Wales in preparation for invasion.
- New Testament book Paul's Epistle to the Galatians is probably written.
- Christianity spreads into Europe, especially at Rome and at Philippia (according to Saint Paul).
People of the year 49 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 49
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 49
0 people died in 49
4 people lived in 49
Events of the year 49 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 49.
There were 0 military battles in 49.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 49. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|