|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||460s 470s 480s 490s 500s 510s 520s|
|Years:||490 491 492 493 494 495 496|
|Gregorian calendar|| 493 |
|Ab urbe condita||1246|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1351 – -1350|
|Coptic calendar||209 – 210|
|Ethiopian calendar||485 – 486|
|Hebrew calendar||4253 – 4254|
|- Vikram Samvat||548 – 549|
|- Shaka Samvat||415 – 416|
|- Kali Yuga||3594 – 3595|
|Iranian calendar||129 BP – 128 BP|
|Islamic calendar||133 BH – 132 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1153|
|Thai solar calendar||1036|
- February 25 — Odoacer agrees to a mediated peace with Theodoric the Great, and is later killed by him personally. Theodoric becomes king of the Ostrogoths and moves the capital to Ravenna.
- March — The Battle for the Body of St. Patrick is fought between the Ui Neill Dynasty and the Airgialla Kingdom.
- The Frankish king Clovis I marries the Burgundian princess Clotilde.
- Emperor Xiaowen of Northern Wei China starts adopting a sinicization policy as well as various reforms.
- March 15 — Odoacer, King of Italy
- March 17 — Patrick, missionary Bishop to the Irish
- Qi Wu Di, ruler of the Chinese Southern Qi Dynasty
- Xiao Zhangmao
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 493. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 493 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 493
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 493
0 people died in 493
3 people lived in 493
Events of the year 493 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 493.
There were 0 military battles in 493.