|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||460s 470s 480s 490s 500s 510s 520s|
|Years:||491 492 493 494 495 496 497|
|494 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 494 |
|Ab urbe condita||1247|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1350 – -1349|
|Coptic calendar||210 – 211|
|Ethiopian calendar||486 – 487|
|Hebrew calendar||4254 – 4255|
|- Vikram Samvat||549 – 550|
|- Shaka Samvat||416 – 417|
|- Kali Yuga||3595 – 3596|
|Iranian calendar||128 BP – 127 BP|
|Islamic calendar||132 BH – 131 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1154|
|Thai solar calendar||1037|
- An earthquake devastates Latakia.
- Under Emperor Xiaowen the capital of Northern Wei, a state in China capital is moved from Datong to Luoyang.
- Pope Gelasius I delineates the relationship between church and state.
- Gelasius canonizes Saint George.
- The Lupercalia festival is replaced by Candlemas.
- Gildas, early British historican and priest
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 494. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 494 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 494
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 494
0 people died in 494
3 people lived in 494
Events of the year 494 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 494.
There were 0 military battles in 494.