Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 20s 30s 40s - 50s - 60s 70s 80s
|Years:||47 48 49 - 50 - 51 52 53|
|Gregorian calendar|| 50 |
|Ab urbe condita||803|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1794 – -1793|
|Coptic calendar||-234 – -233|
|Ethiopian calendar||42 – 43|
|Hebrew calendar||3810 – 3811|
|- Vikram Samvat||105 – 106|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3151 – 3152|
|Iranian calendar||572 BP – 571 BP|
|Islamic calendar||590 BH – 589 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 710|
|Thai solar calendar||593|
- Roman Emperor Claudius appoints Agrippa II governor of Chalcis.
- Claudius adopts Nero.
- Cologne is raised to the status of a city.
- In Britain, governor Publius Ostorius Scapula begins his campaign against the recalcitrant Silures of south Wales, who are led by the former Catuvellaunian prince Caratacus. Exeter (Isca Dumnoniorum), Tripontium (near modern Rugby) and the fort of Manduessedum (near modern Atherstone) are founded (approximate date).
- The Iazyges settle in the plains to the east of the Tisza River.
- Romans learn the use of soap from the Gauls.
- Rome now has a population of 1 million.
- The Tocharian empire is united under Kujula Kadphises, and becomes the Kushan Empire. (approximate date)
- The Kushan Empire controls the north of India.
- The Apostles hold the Council of Jerusalem (approximate date).
- Christianity is introduced throughout Nubia by a high official of Queen Judith.
- The Epistle to the Romans is written (approximate date).
Art and ScienceEdit
- Pedanius Dioscorides describes the medical applications of plants in De Materia Medica.
- Pamphilus of Alexandria writes a poetic lexicon.
- Hero of Alexandria invents a steam turbine (possible date).
- Diogenes, the Greek explorer, discovers the African Great Lakes.
- The distinction between chronic maladies and acute illnesses is made by Thessalos.
- Abgarus of Edessa, king of Osroene
- Aulus Cornelius Celsus, author of De Medicina
- Gamaliel the Elder, the nasi of the Jewish people in Babylonia
- Philo of Alexandria, Jewish philosopher (b. 20 BC) (approximate date)
People of the year 50 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 50
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 50
0 people died in 50
4 people lived in 50
|Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)||Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)|
|Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)||Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 50 at FamilypediaEdit
1 people were married in 50.
|Floris I van Holland (1030-1061)||Gertrud von Sachsen (1033-1113)|
There were 0 military battles in 50.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 50. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|