|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||470s 480s 490s 500s 510s 520s 530s|
|Years:||497 498 499 500 501 502 503|
|Gregorian calendar|| 500 |
|Ab urbe condita||1253|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1344 – -1343|
|Coptic calendar||216 – 217|
|Ethiopian calendar||492 – 493|
|Hebrew calendar||4260 – 4261|
|- Vikram Samvat||555 – 556|
|- Shaka Samvat||422 – 423|
|- Kali Yuga||3601 – 3602|
|Iranian calendar||122 BP – 121 BP|
|Islamic calendar||126 BH – 125 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1160|
|Thai solar calendar||1043|
- Possible date for the Battle of Mons Badonicus: Romano-British and Celts defeat an Anglo-Saxon army that may have been led by the bretwalda Aelle of Sussex (approximate date; suggested dates range from 490 to 510). Note: This battle may have influenced the legend of King Arthur.
- Possible date at which Fergus Mór begins his reign — the historicity of Mór is doubtful.
- Approximate beginning of the Heptarchy period in the history of England.
- Approximate year of the founding of the Kingdom of Essex.
- The Frankish Kingdom is formed.
- The monument of Ale's Stones is built in Sweden.
- Uxmal is founded (approximate date).
- Erzhu Shilong
- Procopius, historian (approximate date)
- Theodebert I, king of Austrasia (approximate date, could also have been 495)
- Theodora, empress of Byzantium
- Tribonian, jurist in the Roman Empire (approximate date)
- Bhavaviveka, Indian Madhyamaka Scholar
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 500. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 500 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 500
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Leutharius of Alamannia (bef500-554)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 500
0 people died in 500
5 people lived in 500
Events of the year 500 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 500.
There were 0 military battles in 500.