|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 20s 30s 40s - 50s - 60s 70s 80s
|Years:||48 49 50 - 51 - 52 53 54|
|Gregorian calendar|| 51 |
|Ab urbe condita||804|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1793 – -1792|
|Coptic calendar||-233 – -232|
|Ethiopian calendar||43 – 44|
|Hebrew calendar||3811 – 3812|
|- Vikram Samvat||106 – 107|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3152 – 3153|
|Iranian calendar||571 BP – 570 BP|
|Islamic calendar||589 BH – 588 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 711|
|Thai solar calendar||594|
- Claudius and Vespasian are Roman Consuls.
- Burrus, praetorian prefect (51–62), is charged by Seneca with the education of Nero.
- In Britain, governor Publius Ostorius Scapula defeats Caratacus and the Silures in the territory of the Ordovices in central Wales. Caratacus seeks sanctuary with Cartimandua, queen of the Brigantes in northern England, but she is a Roman ally and hands him over to Ostorius. Despite the defeat, the Silures continue to fight.
- The captured Caratacus is exhibited in chains in Claudius' triumph in Rome, and his dignified demeanour persuades the emperor to spare his life and allow his family to live free in Rome.
- Paul of Tarsus begins his second mission (approximate date).
- The New Testament book 1 Thessalonians is written (possible date).
- In the Epistle to the Galatians, Paul supports the separation of Christianity and Judaism.
People of the year 51 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 51
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 51
0 people died in 51
4 people lived in 51
|Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)||Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)|
|Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)||Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 51 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 51.
There were 0 military battles in 51.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 51. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|