|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC - 6th century BC - 5th century BC|
|Decades:||540s BC 530s BC 520s BC - 510s BC - 500s BC 490s BC 480s BC|
|Years:|| 519 BC 518 BC 517 BC 516 BC 515 BC|
514 BC 513 BC 512 BC 511 BC 510 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 519 BC — Zhou Jing Wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- c. 518 BC — Darius I began construction of Parsa (Persepolis).
- 518 BC — Construction of Apadana (audience hall) of Darius and Xerxes, ceremonial complex, at Persepolis, Iran started.
- 516 BC — Indian subcontinent — Occupation of Punjab is completed by the Persian King Gustasp.
- February 25, 516 BC — Construction is completed on the Temple in Jerusalem.
- c. 515 BC — Euphronios makes Death of Sarpedon, red-figure decoration on a calyx krater. Euxitheos is a potter. It is now at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- 514 BC — King Helü of Wu ascends to the throne of Wu in China during the Zhou Dynasty. He established the "Great City of Helu", the ancient name for Suzhou, as his capital.
- 513 BC — Darius the Great subdues the Getae and east Thrace in his war against the Scythians.
- c. 513 BC — Western India becomes the Persian satrapy of Hindush, which included the valley of the Indus River.
- 510 BC — Hippias, second son of Pisistratus and tyrant of Athens, is expelled by a popular revolt supported by Cleomenes I, King of Sparta and his forces.
- 510 BC — End of reign of Lucius Tarquinius Superbus, last king of the traditional seven Kings of Rome.
- 510 BC — Fall of the Roman Kingdom and establishment of the Roman Republic.
- 510 BC — Demaratus succeeds Ariston as king of Sparta. (approximate date)
- 510 BC — Defeat and destruction of Sybaris.
- c. 510 BC–430 BC — Stelae were banned in Athenian cemeteries.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 510s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|