|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||480s 490s 500s 510s 520s 530s 540s|
|Years:||514 515 516 517 518 519 520|
|Gregorian calendar|| 517 |
|Ab urbe condita||1270|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1327 – -1326|
|Coptic calendar||233 – 234|
|Ethiopian calendar||509 – 510|
|Hebrew calendar||4277 – 4278|
|- Vikram Samvat||572 – 573|
|- Shaka Samvat||439 – 440|
|- Kali Yuga||3618 – 3619|
|Iranian calendar||105 BP – 104 BP|
|Islamic calendar||108 BH – 107 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1177|
|Thai solar calendar||1060|
- Sigismund of Burgundy is opposed by his son; he later has his son strangled.
- Bishops of southern Gaul convene the Council of Epaon.
- John of Cappadocia becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Emperor Wu-Ti becomes a Buddhist and introduces the new religion to central China.
- Aryabhata compiles his manual of astronomy.
- April 5 — Timothy I, Patriarch of Constantinople
- Dioscorus, Coptic Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria
- Macedonius II, deposed Patriarch of Constantinople (approximate date)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 517. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 517 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 517
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 517
0 people died in 517
4 people lived in 517
|Waccho, King of the Lombards (510-541)||Zuchilo (487-?)|
|Chlothar I of the Franks (497-561)||Clovis I of the Franks (c466-511)|
|Butilin of Alamannia (bef515-554)||Leutharius of Alamannia (bef500-554)|
|Leutharius of Alamannia (bef500-554)|
Events of the year 517 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 517.
There were 0 military battles in 517.