|Centuries:||5th century - 6th century - 7th century|
|Decades:||490s 500s 510s - 520s - 530s 540s 550s|
|Years:|| 520 521 522 523 524|
525 526 527 528 529
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and TrendsEdit
- Maelgwn Hir ap Cadwallon, perhaps legendary, assumes the throne of Gwynedd in Great Britain (possible date)
- The Golden Gate of Jerusalem is built (probable date)
- 523 — John I succeeds Hormisdas as Pope of Rome. John I dies in 526.
- 523 — Seong becomes king of Baekje. He later makes Buddhism his state religion.
- 525 — Axum(Ethiopia) conquers Sheba(Yemen)
- 526 — Earthquake kills approximately 300,000 in Syria and Antioch.
- 527 — Justinian I succeeds Justin I as Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire.
- 527 — The Kingdom of Essex is founded by the Saxons.
- 528 — Bulguksa, a Buddhist temple, is built in Korea.
- 529 — first draft of Corpus Juris Civilis (a fundamental work in jurisprudence) is issued by Emperor Justinian I
- 529 — The Academy at Athens, founded by Plato in 347 BC, is closed by Emperor Justinian I.
- 529 — The Church of the Nativity is burnt down during a revolt by the Samaritans.
- 529 — Saint Benedict of Nursia founds the monastery of Monte Cassino in Italy.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 520s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|