Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC - 6th century BC - 5th century BC|
|Decades:||550s BC 540s BC 530s BC - 520s BC - 510s BC 500s BC 490s BC|
|Years:|| 529 BC 528 BC 527 BC 526 BC 525 BC|
524 BC 523 BC 522 BC 521 BC 520 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
- 529 BC — Cambyses II started to rule. He is son of Cyrus II. He conquered Egypt and Cyprus.
- 528 BC — Gautama Buddha attained Enlightenment, and began his ministry.
- 526 BC — Psammetichus III succeeds Amasis II as king of Egypt.
- 526 BC — King Liao of Wu ascends to power in the State of Wu in China during the Zhou Dynasty.
- 525 BC — Cambyses II, ruler of Persia, conquers Egypt, defeating Psammetichus III. This is considered the end of the Twenty-sixth Dynasty, and the start of the Twenty-seventh Dynasty.
- c. 525 BC — Coins started to have an image on two sides.
- 522 BC — Smerdis succeeds Cambyses II as ruler of Persia.
- 522 BC — Babylon rebels against Persian rule.
- 521 BC — Darius I succeeds Smerdis as ruler of Persia. He is son of a government official.
- 521 BC — The Babylonian rebellion against Persian rule is suppressed.
- 520 BC — Zhou dao wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China but dies before the end of the year.
- 520 BC — Cleomenes I succeeds Anaxandridas as king of Sparta. (approximate date).
- c. 520 BC — Kore, from Chios(?), is made. It is now at Acropolis Museum, Athens.
- 520 BC–510 BC — The Priam Painter makes Women at a fountain house, black-figure decoration on a hydria. It is now at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- 520 BC - Leonidas I. King of Sparta
- 525 BC — Aeschylus, author of Greek tragedies (d. 456 BC)
- 522 BC — Pindar, Greek poet
- 520 BC — Panini, Hindu Indian grammarian (d. 460 BC)
- July, 529 BC — Cyrus the Great, ruler of ancient Persia
- 527 BC — Mahavira, major Jain reformist (b. 599 BC)
- 527 BC — Peisistratus, Athenian tyrant
- 525 BC — Anaximenes of Miletus, Greek philosopher (b. 585 BC)
- 525 BC — Psammetichus III, the last Pharaoh of the Twenty-sixth Dynasty of Egypt
- 522 BC — Cambyses II, ruler of ancient Persia (suicide)
- October, 521 BC — Smerdis, ruler of ancient Persia
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 520s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|