|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||490s 500s 510s 520s 530s 540s 550s|
|Years:||522 523 524 525 526 527 528|
|525 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 525 |
|Ab urbe condita||1278|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1319 – -1318|
|Coptic calendar||241 – 242|
|Ethiopian calendar||517 – 518|
|Hebrew calendar||4285 – 4286|
|- Vikram Samvat||580 – 581|
|- Shaka Samvat||447 – 448|
|- Kali Yuga||3626 – 3627|
|Iranian calendar||97 BP – 96 BP|
|Islamic calendar||100 BH – 99 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1185|
|Thai solar calendar||1068|
- Byzantine emperor Justin I rebuilds Anazarbus and renames it Justinopolis.
- Justinian I marries Theodora.
- Caleb of Abyssinia conquers Yemen.
- The Daisan river, a tributary of the Euphrates, floods Edessa, and within a couple of hours fills the entire city, except for the highest parts. Eventually the pent-up waters break through the city walls. The Shroud of Turin is allegedly discovered during the rebuilding of the city (see Image of Edessa).
- Dionysius Exiguus produces his tables for computing the date of Easter.
- Constance becomes a bishop's see.
- The Arian Baptistery of S. Maria is built in Cosmedin, Ravenna.
- Buddhist caves are found at Ajanta with stone carvings.
- John Climax (probable date)
- King Wideok of Baekje
- Alexander of Tralles, Greek physician
- Empress Yujiulü
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 525. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 525 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 525
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Garibald I of Bavaria (525-592)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 525
0 people died in 525
6 people lived in 525
Events of the year 525 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 525.
There were 0 military battles in 525.