For the political lobbying groups, see 527 groups.
|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||490s 500s 510s 520s 530s 540s 550s|
|Years:||524 525 526 527 528 529 530|
|Gregorian calendar|| 527 |
|Ab urbe condita||1280|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1317 – -1316|
|Coptic calendar||243 – 244|
|Ethiopian calendar||519 – 520|
|Hebrew calendar||4287 – 4288|
|- Vikram Samvat||582 – 583|
|- Shaka Samvat||449 – 450|
|- Kali Yuga||3628 – 3629|
|Iranian calendar||95 BP – 94 BP|
|Islamic calendar||98 BH – 97 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1187|
|Thai solar calendar||1070|
- April 1 — Byzantine Emperor Justin I names his nephew Justinian I as co-ruler and successor to the throne.
- August 1 — Justin I of the Eastern Roman Empire dies and Justinian I becomes sole Emperor.
- Cerdic of Wessex and his son Cynric of Wessex defeat the Britons at Chearsley.
- The Kingdom of Essex is founded when the Saxons land north of the Thames and take control of the land between what is now London and St Albans. This is the last Saxon group to form a settlement here (approximate date).
- Dionysius Exiguus calculates the date of birth of Jesus, incorrectly; dates start to be calculated Anno domini instead of Ab urbe condita (approximate date).
- The Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, is rebuilt until 565.
- Silla, one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, formally adopts Buddhism as a state religion.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 527. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 527 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 527
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 527
0 people died in 527
7 people lived in 527
Events of the year 527 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 527.
There were 0 military battles in 527.