- For the United States education savings plan, see 529 plan.
|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||490s 500s 510s 520s 530s 540s 550s|
|Years:||526 527 528 529 530 531 532|
|529 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 529 |
|Ab urbe condita||1282|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1315 – -1314|
|Coptic calendar||245 – 246|
|Ethiopian calendar||521 – 522|
|Hebrew calendar||4289 – 4290|
|- Vikram Samvat||584 – 585|
|- Shaka Samvat||451 – 452|
|- Kali Yuga||3630 – 3631|
|Iranian calendar||93 BP – 92 BP|
|Islamic calendar||96 BH – 95 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1189|
|Thai solar calendar||1072|
- April 7 — The first draft of Corpus Juris Civilis (a fundamental work in jurisprudence) is issued by Justinian I.
- Justinian prohibits pagans from holding positions in public education. As a result the Academy at Athens, founded by Plato in 347 BC, is closed. Many professors go to Persia and Syria.
- The Samaritans revolt and are defeated; the Church of the Nativity is burnt down during the revolt.
- Saint Benedict of Nursia founds the monastery of Monte Cassino in Italy.
- The Canons of the Council of Orange are established, approving the Augustinian doctrine of sin and grace over Pelagianism and Semi-Pelagianism, but without Augustine's absolute predestination.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 529. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 529 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 529
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 529
0 people died in 529
6 people lived in 529
Events of the year 529 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 529.
There were 0 military battles in 529.