|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||500s 510s 520s 530s 540s 550s 560s|
|Years:||532 533 534 535 536 537 538|
|535 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 535 |
|Ab urbe condita||1288|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1309 – -1308|
|Coptic calendar||251 – 252|
|Ethiopian calendar||527 – 528|
|Hebrew calendar||4295 – 4296|
|- Vikram Samvat||590 – 591|
|- Shaka Samvat||457 – 458|
|- Kali Yuga||3636 – 3637|
|Iranian calendar||87 BP – 86 BP|
|Islamic calendar||90 BH – 89 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1195|
|Thai solar calendar||1078|
- Justinian I orders Belisarius to start the reconquest of Italy; Mundus simultaneously invades Dalmatia.
- 31 December — Belisarius completes the conquest of Sicily, defeating the Ostrogothic garrison of Syracuse, and ending his consulship for the year.
- The Western Wei Dynasty begins in China; the first ruler is Wen Di.
- Significant to the history of agriculture, the Chinese author Jia Sixia writes the treatise Chi Min Yao Shu in this year, and although it quotes 160 previous Chinese agronomy books, it is the oldest existent Chinese agriculture treatise. In over 100,000 written Chinese characters, the book covers land preparation, seeding, cultivation, orchard management, forestry, animal husbandry, trade, and culinary uses for crops.
- Reports of the eruption of Krakatoa, which possibly lead to several years of climate change (see Climate changes of 535–536), are recorded in the Javanese Book of Kings.
- May 13 — Pope Agapetus I succeeds Pope John II as the 57th pope.
- Anthimus becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- The Christian basilica at Leptis Magna is built in North Africa.
- The weather is reported to be unusually cold and dark in multiple parts of the world; see climate changes of 535–536.
- May 8 — Pope John II
- June 5 — Epiphanius, Patriarch of Constantinople
- Amalasuntha, queen of the Ostrogoths (killed in exile)
- Timothy, Coptic Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria
- Emperor Xiaowu of Northern Wei
- Xu Mian
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 535. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 535 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 535
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 535
0 people died in 535
8 people lived in 535
Events of the year 535 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 535.
There were 0 military battles in 535.