Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 20s 30s 40s - 50s - 60s 70s 80s
|Years:||51 52 53 - 54 - 55 56 57|
|Gregorian calendar|| 54 |
|Ab urbe condita||807|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1790 – -1789|
|Coptic calendar||-230 – -229|
|Ethiopian calendar||46 – 47|
|Hebrew calendar||3814 – 3815|
|- Vikram Samvat||109 – 110|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3155 – 3156|
|Iranian calendar||568 BP – 567 BP|
|Islamic calendar||585 BH – 584 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 714|
|Thai solar calendar||597|
- October 13 — Roman emperor Claudius dies, possibly after being poisoned by Agrippina, his wife and niece, and is succeeded by Nero.
- Nero attempts to prohibit the gladiatorial games.
- Maiden Castle in Dorset is captured from the Celtic Durotriges by Vespasian.
- Under Nero, Rome annexes Aden to protect the maritime route between Alexandria and Asia.
- Two centurions are sent to the south of Egypt to find the sources of the Nile, and possible new provinces. They report that while there are many cities in the desert, the area seems too poor to be worthy of conquest.
- Violence erupts in Caesarea regarding the a local ordinance restricting the civil rights of Jews, creating clashes between Jews and pagans. The Roman garrison, made up of Syrians, takes the side of the pagans. The Jews, armed with clubs and swords, meet in the marketplace. The Governor of Judaea, Antonius Felix, orders his troops to charge. The violence continues and Felix asks Nero to arbitrate. Nero, sides with the pagans and relegates the Jews to second-class citizens. This decision does nothing but increase the Jews' anger.
- In Britain, Venutius leads a revolt against his ex-wife Cartimandua, queen of the Brigantes and a Roman ally. Governor Aulus Didius Gallus sends her military aid, and after some indecisive fighting a legion commanded by Caesius Nasica defeats the rebels (approximate date - some time between 52 and 57).
- Patriarch Onesimus succeeds Stachys the Apostle as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Paul of Tarsus begins his third mission.
- Apollos, a later assistant of Paul, is converted to Christianity in Ephesus.
- October 13 — Claudius, Roman emperor, poisoned by his wife Agrippina
- Domitia Lepida, widow of Marcus Valerius Messalla Barbatus, mother of Valeria Messalina and former mother-in-law of Claudius
- Ban Biao, Chinese historian
People of the year 54 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 54
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 54
0 people died in 54
4 people lived in 54
|Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)||Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)|
|Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)||Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 54 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 54.
There were 0 military battles in 54.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 54. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|