|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||520s 530s 540s 550s 560s 570s 580s|
|Years:||547 548 549 550 551 552 553|
|550 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 550 |
|Ab urbe condita||1303|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1294 – -1293|
|Coptic calendar||266 – 267|
|Ethiopian calendar||542 – 543|
|Hebrew calendar||4310 – 4311|
|- Vikram Samvat||605 – 606|
|- Shaka Samvat||472 – 473|
|- Kali Yuga||3651 – 3652|
|Iranian calendar||72 BP – 71 BP|
|Islamic calendar||74 BH – 73 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1210|
|Thai solar calendar||1093|
- January 16 — Gothic War: The Ostrogoths, under King Totila, conquer Rome after a long siege, by bribing the Isaurian garrison.
- Silk-producing technology reaches Constantinople (approximate date).
- The Eastern Wei Dynasty ends and the Northern Qi Dynasty begins in northern China. Wen Xuan Di is the first ruler of the Northern Qi Dynasty.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Hindu mathematicians give zero a numeral representation in a positional notation system.
- Procopius writes Secret History (approximate date).
- The main redaction of the Babylonian Talmud is completed under Rabbis Ravina and Ashi (approximate date).
- Carriaric, king of the Suevi, converts to Catholicism.
- In Ireland, the Diocese of Tuam is erected.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 550. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 550 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 550
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Leutfrid I of Alamannia (550-587)||Haming of Alamannia (c530-?)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 550
0 people died in 550
10 people lived in 550
Events of the year 550 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 550.
There were 0 military battles in 550.