|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||520s 530s 540s 550s 560s 570s 580s|
|Years:||549 550 551 552 553 554 555|
|552 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 552 |
|Ab urbe condita||1305|
|Armenian calendar|| 1 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1292 – -1291|
|Coptic calendar||268 – 269|
|Ethiopian calendar||544 – 545|
|Hebrew calendar||4312 – 4313|
|- Vikram Samvat||607 – 608|
|- Shaka Samvat||474 – 475|
|- Kali Yuga||3653 – 3654|
|Iranian calendar||70 BP – 69 BP|
|Islamic calendar||72 BH – 71 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1212|
|Thai solar calendar||1095|
- July — Battle of Taginae: General Narses defeats and kills Totila, king of the Ostrogoths. Teia succeeds the deceased monarch but Narses manages to recapture Rome by the end of the year.
- Battle of Asfeld: Longobards under king Audoin defeat the Gepids.
- Cynric, king of Wessex, captures the fort at Old Sarum.
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Meath is established in Ireland.
- Prince Shotoku introduces Buddhism to Japan.
- Year 1 in the Armenian calendar.
- Liang Yuan Di succeeds Liang Yu Zhang Wang as ruler of the Chinese Liang Dynasty.
- Göktürks establish the first known Turkic state under the leadership of Bumin Khan.
- July — Totila, King of the Ostrogoths
- Bumin Khan, founder of the Göktürk state
- Mennas, Patriarch of Constantinople
- St. Armel, abbot
- Wang Wei
- Xiao Dong
- Emperor Xiaojing of Eastern Wei
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 552. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 552 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 552
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 552
0 people died in 552
10 people lived in 552
Events of the year 552 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 552.
There were 0 military battles in 552.