area code 559.For the North American area code, see
|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||520s 530s 540s 550s 560s 570s 580s|
|Years:||556 557 558 559 560 561 562|
|559 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 559 |
|Ab urbe condita||1312|
|Armenian calendar|| 8 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1285 – -1284|
|Coptic calendar||275 – 276|
|Ethiopian calendar||551 – 552|
|Hebrew calendar||4319 – 4320|
|- Vikram Samvat||614 – 615|
|- Shaka Samvat||481 – 482|
|- Kali Yuga||3660 – 3661|
|Iranian calendar||63 BP – 62 BP|
|Islamic calendar||65 BH – 64 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1219|
|Thai solar calendar||1102|
- The Bulgars and Huns invade and raid Byzantine territory, but are driven back near Constantinople by Belisarius.
- First successful human flight: a manned kite lands in the proximity of Ye.
- Ara Gaya, a member of the Gaya confederacy, surrenders to Silla in the Korean peninsula.
- Northern Qi Wen Xuan Di, Chinese ruler
- Chen Wu Di, Chinese ruler
- Ida, king of Bernicia (traditional date)
- ^ （永定三年）使元黄头与诸囚自金凤台各乘纸鸱以飞，黄头独能至紫陌乃堕，仍付御史中丞毕义云饿杀之。 (Rendering: [In the 3rd year of Yongding, 559], Gao Yang conducted an experiment by having Yuan Huangtou and a few prisoners launch themselves from a tower in Ye, capital of the Northern Qi. Yuan Huangtou was the only one who survived from this flight, as he glided over the city-wall and fell at Zimo [western segment of Ye] safely, but he was later executed.) Zizhi Tongjian 167.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 559. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 559 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 559
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 559
0 people died in 559
10 people lived in 559
Events of the year 559 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 559.
There were 0 military battles in 559.