Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC - 6th century BC - 5th century BC|
|Decades:||590s BC 580s BC 570s BC - 560s BC - 550s BC 540s BC 530s BC|
|Years:|| 569 BC 568 BC 567 BC 566 BC 565 BC|
564 BC 563 BC 562 BC 561 BC 560 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 568 BC — Amtalqa succeeds his brother Aspelta as king of Kush.
- 562 BC — Amel-Marduk succeeds Nebuchadnezzar II as king of Babylon.
- 560 BC — Neriglissar succeeds Amel-Marduk as king of Babylon.
- 560 BC/561 BC — Croesus becomes king of Lydia.
- 560 BC — An aristocrat named Pisistratus seizes the Acropolis of Athens and declares himself tyrant. He is deposed in the same year.
- c. 560 BC — Calf bearer (Moschophoros), from the Acropolis, Athens, is made. It is now at Acropolis Museum, Athens.
- c. 569 BC — Birth of Pythagoras on the island of Samos, visionary mathematician (d. c. 475 BC)
- April, 563 BC — Birth of Siddhartha Gautama, later known as Gautama Buddha in Lumbini, Nepal
- 562 BC — Death of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Neo-Babylonia
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 560s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|