|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||530s 540s 550s 560s 570s 580s 590s|
|Years:||562 563 564 565 566 567 568|
|Gregorian calendar|| 565 |
|Ab urbe condita||1318|
|Armenian calendar|| 14 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1279 – -1278|
|Coptic calendar||281 – 282|
|Ethiopian calendar||557 – 558|
|Hebrew calendar||4325 – 4326|
|- Vikram Samvat||620 – 621|
|- Shaka Samvat||487 – 488|
|- Kali Yuga||3666 – 3667|
|Iranian calendar||57 BP – 56 BP|
|Islamic calendar||59 BH – 58 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1225|
|Thai solar calendar||1108|
- August 22 — St. Columba reports seeing a monster in Loch Ness, Scotland.
- Alboin succeeds his father Audoin as king of the Lombards.
- Hou Zhu succeeds Wu Cheng Di as ruler of the Chinese Northern Qi Dynasty
- The Uyghurs are conquered by the Göktürks.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- January 22 — Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus.
- Columba begins preaching in the Orkney Islands.
- Empress Chen Yueyi
- Empress Yuan Leshang, an empress of the Northern Zhou Dynasty in China, later became a Buddhist nun who lived as a recluse, dying at an unknown date (yet was still alive during the reign of Emperor Taizong of Tang, which ended in 649)
- November 13 (or 14) — Justinian I, Byzantine Emperor
- Belisarius, Byzantine general
- Procopius of Caesarea, historian
- Audoin, king of the Lombards
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 565. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 565 at Familypedia
3 people were born in 565
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Gisulf II of Friuli (565-c610)||Grasulf I of Friuli (540-?)|
|Bodegisel II der Franken (bef565-)||Mummolin der Franken (bef548-)|
|Cuthwine of Wessex (c565-)||Caewlin of Wessex (-593)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 565
0 people died in 565
12 people lived in 565
Events of the year 565 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 565.
There were 0 military battles in 565.