|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 20s 30s 40s - 50s - 60s 70s 80s
|Years:||55 56 57 - 58 - 59 60 61|
|58 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 58 |
|Ab urbe condita||811|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1786 – -1785|
|Coptic calendar||-226 – -225|
|Ethiopian calendar||50 – 51|
|Hebrew calendar||3818 – 3819|
|- Vikram Samvat||113 – 114|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3159 – 3160|
|Iranian calendar||564 BP – 563 BP|
|Islamic calendar||581 BH – 580 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 718|
|Thai solar calendar||601|
- Roman emperor Nero is also a Roman Consul.
- The friendship between Nero and Otho ends when they both fall in love with Poppea Sabina, and Otho is sent to Lusitania as governor.
- War with the Parthians begins.
- Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo, Roman commander in the east captures Artaxata in Armenia, in the war against Parthia.
- The Ficus Ruminalis begins to die (see Rumina).
- In Thuringia conflict between two Germanic tribes erupts over access to water.
- Start of Yongping era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- Ming-Ti, new emperor of China, introduces Buddhism to China and the West Indus Valley.
- In China, sacrifices to Confucius are ordered in all government schools.
- The apostle Paul is arrested in Jerusalem, and is imprisoned in Caesarea. He then invokes his Roman citizenship and is sent to Rome to be judged.
- Paul writes his Epistle to the Romans.
- Juvenal, Roman poet
- Xu Shen, Chinese author of the large Shuowen Jiezi dictionary of etymology (d. 147)
People of the year 58 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 58
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 58
0 people died in 58
4 people lived in 58
Events of the year 58 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 58.
There were 0 military battles in 58.
- ^ Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 58. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|