Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC - 6th century BC - 5th century BC|
|Decades:||620s BC 610s BC 600s BC - 590s BC - 580s BC 570s BC 560s BC|
|Years:|| 599 BC 598 BC 597 BC 596 BC 595 BC|
594 BC 593 BC 592 BC 591 BC 590 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 599 BC — Vardhamana Mahavira, last Tirthankar of Jainism is born.
- 598 BC — Jehoiachin succeeds Jehoiakim as King of Judah.
- March 16, 597 BC — Babylonians capture Jerusalem, replace Jehoiachin with Zedekiah as king.
- 595 BC — Psammetichus II succeeds Necho II as king of Egypt.
- 595 BC — in Zhou Dynasty China, the State of Jin was defeated by the State of Chu in the Battle of Bi.
- 594 BC — The leaders of Athens, facing an economic crisis and popular discontent, appointed the poet-statesman Solon archon to institute democratic reforms and revive the city's constitution, extending citizenship to males of many classes.
- 593 BC — Exile of Sappho and Alcaeus (Alkaios) of Mytilene in Sicily.
- 590 BC — Egyptian army sacks Napata, compelling the Cushite court to move to a more secure location at Meroe near the sixth cataract of the Nile. (Early history of Sudan)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 590s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|