Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 30s 40s 50s - 60s - 70s 80s 90s
|Years:||59 60 61 - 62 - 63 64 65|
|Gregorian calendar|| 62 |
|Ab urbe condita||815|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1782 – -1781|
|Coptic calendar||-222 – -221|
|Ethiopian calendar||54 – 55|
|Hebrew calendar||3822 – 3823|
|- Vikram Samvat||117 – 118|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3163 – 3164|
|Iranian calendar||560 BP – 559 BP|
|Islamic calendar||577 BH – 576 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 722|
|Thai solar calendar||605|
- After the death of Burrus and the disgrace of Seneca, Nero, free from their influence, becomes a megalomaniacal artist fascinated by Hellenism and the Orient. Tigellinus becomes Nero's counselor. From this time onward his rule becomes highly abusive.
- A great earthquake damages cities in Calabria, including Pompeii.
- Battle of Rhandeia: Romans under Lucius Caesennius Paetus are defeated by a Parthian-Armenian army under King Tiridates of Parthia.
- A violent storm destroys 200 ships in the port of Portus.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Pliny the Younger (Caius Caecilius Secundus), Roman orator, writer and statesman
- Sextus Afranius Burrus, praefectus preatorianus and good friend of Nero's tutor Seneca
- Aulus Persius Flaccus, Roman poet
- James the Just, brother of Jesus (martyred)
- Gaius Rubellius Plautus, second cousin of Nero (executed)
- Claudia Octavia, wife of Nero (executed?)
People of the year 62 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 62
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 62
0 people died in 62
5 people lived in 62
Events of the year 62 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 62.
There were 0 military battles in 62.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 62. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|