Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC - 7th century BC - 6th century BC|
|Decades:||650s BC 640s BC 630s BC - 620s BC - 610s BC 600s BC 590s BC|
|Years:|| 629 BC 628 BC 627 BC 626 BC 625 BC|
624 BC 623 BC 622 BC 621 BC 620 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- c. 627 BC — Death of Assurbanipal, king of Assyria; he is succeeded by Assur-etel-ilani.
- 626 BC — Nabopolassar revolts against Assyria, founds the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- 625 BC — Medes and Babylonians assert their independence from Assyria and attack Nineveh (approximate date).
- c. 625 BC - Orientalizing period of vases ends in Ancient Greece.
- 624 BC — The Year 666 in the Mayan Calendar.
- 623 BC — Sin-shar-ishkun succeeds his brother Assur-etel-ilani as king of Assyria (approximate date).
- 622 BC or 621 BC — Text of Deuteronomy found in the Temple in Jerusalem.
- c. 620 BC - Archaic period in Greece starts.
- ? — Aesop
- 628 BC — Death of Duke Wen of Jin, China
- c. 626 BC — Jeremiah
- 625 BC — Death of Yuan Taotu, China
- c. 624 BC - Birth of Thales
- 621 BC — Death of Duke Mu of Qin, China
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 620s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|