|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||8th century BC - 7th century BC - 6th century BC|
|Decades:||660s BC 650s BC 640s BC - 630s BC - 620s BC 610s BC 600s BC|
|Years:|| 639 BC 638 BC 637 BC 636 BC 635 BC|
634 BC 633 BC 632 BC 631 BC 630 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 636 BC — Duke Wen of Jin ascends to power in the State of Jin during the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 632 BC — Cylon, Athenian noble, seizes the Acropolis in a failed attempt to become king.
- 632 BC — In the Battle of Chengpu, the Chinese kingdom of Jin and her allies defeat the kingdom of Chu and her allies.
- 631 BC — Founding of Cyrene, a Greek colony in Libya (North Africa) (approximate date).
- 631 BC — Sadyates becomes king of Lydia.
- 638 BC — Birth of Solon, lawmaker of Athens (approximate date)
- 637 BC — Death of Duke Xiang of Song, China
- 635 BC — Birth of Thales, Greek philosopher (d. 543 BC) (approximate date)
- 633 BC — Death of Ashurbanipal
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 630s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|