|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 30s 40s 50s - 60s - 70s 80s 90s
|Years:||65 66 67 - 68 - 69 70 71|
|68 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 68 |
|Ab urbe condita||821|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1776 – -1775|
|Coptic calendar||-216 – -215|
|Ethiopian calendar||60 – 61|
|Hebrew calendar||3828 – 3829|
|- Vikram Samvat||123 – 124|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3169 – 3170|
|Iranian calendar||554 BP – 553 BP|
|Islamic calendar||571 BH – 570 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 728|
|Thai solar calendar||611|
- Lucius Clodius Macer revolts against Emperor Nero.
- June 8 — The Roman Senate accepts emperor Galba.
- June 9 — Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide.
- The Roman Senate declares Nero persona non grata. Galba succeeds Nero.
- The year of the four emperors: Galba (68), Otho (69) and Vitellius (69) all govern a very short time before Vespasian becomes emperor.
- Last year covered by Tacitus' Annals, a history of the Roman Empire.
- Legio I Macriana liberatrix and Legio I Adiutrix are created.
- Marcus Ulpius Trajanus, father of Trajan, becomes consul.
- A bridge suspended by iron chains is constructed in China.
- Buddhism officially arrives in China with the building of the White Horse Temple.
- The Gospel of Mark is written (probable date).
- Ignatius of Antioch becomes the third bishop of Antioch.
- The Essenes place the Dead Sea Scrolls in the caves at Qumran.
- Vindex, rebellious governor
- June 9 — Nero, emperor of the Roman Empire, suicide
- Onesimus, Bishop of Byzantium
People of the year 68 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 68
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 68
0 people died in 68
4 people lived in 68
Events of the year 68 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 68.
There were 0 military battles in 68.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 68. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|