Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||9th century BC - 8th century BC - 7th century BC|
|Decades:||730s BC 720s BC 710s BC - 700s BC - 690s BC 680s BC 670s BC|
|Years:|| 709 BC 708 BC 707 BC 706 BC 705 BC|
704 BC 703 BC 702 BC 701 BC 700 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 706 BC — Spartan immigrants found Taras (Tarentum, the modern Taranto) colony in southern Italy.
- 706 BC — Sargon II dies.
- 705 BC — Sennacherib succeeds his father Sargon II as king of Assyria.
- 704 BC — Sennacherib moves the capital of Assyria to Nineveh.
- 701 BC — King Hezekiah of Judah, backed by Egypt, revolts against king Sennacherib of Assyria. Sennacherib sacks many Israeli cities, but fails in his attempt to take Jerusalem.
- 700 BC — The Scythians start settling in Cimmerian areas, slowly replacing the previous inhabitants.
- 700 BC — End of the Villanovan culture in northern Italy and rise of the Etruscan civilization.
- 700 BC — The Upanishads, a sacred text of Hinduism, are written around this time.
- c. 700 BC — Geometric period of vases ends in Ancient Greece. Orientalizing period of vases starts. It starts in Corinth.
- c. 700 BC — Hesiod writes "Theogony".
- c. 700 BC - People from the southwest burn Teotihuacan.
- c. 700 BC–509 BC — Etruscan supremacy period in Italy.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 700s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|