Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||9th century BC - 8th century BC - 7th century BC|
|Decades:||740s BC 730s BC 720s BC - 710s BC - 700s BC 690s BC 680s BC|
|Years:|| 719 BC 718 BC 717 BC 716 BC 715 BC|
714 BC 713 BC 712 BC 711 BC 710 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- Judah, Tyre and Sidon revolt against Assyria.
- 719 BC — Zhou Huan Wang of the Zhou Dynasty becomes ruler of China.
- 718 BC — Gyges becomes the ruler of Lydia.
- 717 BC — Assyrian king Sargon conquers the Hittites stronghold of Carchemish.
- 717 BC — Sargon II founds a new capital for Assyria at Dur-Sharrukin.
- 717 BC–716 BC — Sargon II leads his armies in a sweeping attack along the Philistine coast, where he defeated the pharaoh.
- 716 BC — Roman legend marks this as the date that Romulus ended his rule.
- 715 BC — Start of the reign of the second King of Rome — Numa Pompilius.
- c. 715 BC — Conquest of Messenia by Sparta ends.
- 713 BC — Numa Pompilius reforms the Roman calendar.
- 712 BC — Numa Pompilius creates the office of Pontifex Maximus.
- c. 710 BC — Medes is united.
- 715 BC — Osorkon IV dies, ending the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- 713 BC — Birth of semi-legendary Zalmoxis in Dacia.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 710s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|